Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Radio code

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2008
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
My next door neighbour has just bought a 2007 Laguna II Tourer (Navigator) with Carinmat from the local Renault dealer and whilst getting a blue-tooth kit fitted he tried the code that came with the car to no avail. On complaining to the garage he was told they couldn't trace the proper code as the vehicle has been pre-registed in the UK and the Northern Ireland dealers had no access to the relevant database and it could take 5-10 days for it to arrive. Being faced with a 600 mile drive within the next 2-3 days he went on-line and was able to get the correct code within minutes for 12. It has transpired the vehicle was sold with the wrong documentation - even the VIN number doesn't match. So much for good old Renault security I don't agree with the selling of radio codes on line for obvious security reasons but I can understand Renault owners frustration when trying to source a missing radio code.
I have written the code on the back of my radio just in case I ever loose it. Sure if some tea-leaf steals it he is not likely to return it even in the absence of having the code.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome