Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane II - Ipod Interface / Headunit Advice

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via Yahoo to faz11a
Clio II IPOD adapter

Originally Posted by Dynorod View Post
Hi All,

I was just going to stalk around the forum for a while, however I changed my mind and decided to just straight in with a question.

My wife just bought a 2005 Megane Expression, not what I wanted her to get, however very low mileage and price and economy were more important to her.

Anyway, it seems to have a very basic single cd headunit, and a gap underneath with a little shelf.

I need to get an ipod interface, however as they generally use the cd stacker slot I am guessing that this wont work on this headunit (or will it?).

If I bought a double din Kenwood headunit would this fit without a faceplate?

Or a simple question, whats the easiest way of getting a good ipod interface (and not one of the crappy FM things).
Hi I am searching this list and looking for playing my IPOD thro my head unit - but I don't think it is a CD changer one-
Am thinking og looking to get a CD changer head unit which will be compatible with IPOD interface-
see clip below-
This iPod adapter enables a seamless connection of your iPod to your factory fitted radio giving you the
ability to control, play and self charge your iPod whilst giving you a superior alternative to using an FM
transmitter or FM modulator.
The iPod would automatically play/pause when you enter/exit CD changer mode on your radio. In
addition, the iPod responds to FF/RW from your head unit keys and steering wheel controls (where fitted)
This iPod adapter enables you to search songs by album, artist, track directly from the head unit and
scrolling text display on compatible head units.
ARNIPOD001 interface
Compatible cars:
l Renault Clio
l Renault Megane
l Renault Scenic
l Renault Laguna
Compatible head units:
l DC594
l DC459
l DC461 (D2B)
Please let me know what you did in the end if anything? and the details of the interface you used. I will continue searching in meanwhile.
All the best,
Currently in faz11a's garage:
clio II 1.5 dci 80 initiale 2003 plate now deceased sold on
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome