Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Laguna 2 - Keycard Query

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Jules 
#1 ·
I have just bought a 2002 initiale at auction and it only came with one keycard, my question is does this car support key-less entry using the other 3-button key-card ?

It didn't come with a handbook pack or the mag for the changer but hell at £1700 for a one owner 44K car who's complaining :devil:

#2 ·
does the 02 lag 2 not only have a 2 button key card?the third button is a see me home function for the headlights which as far as i know the lag 2 ph1 doesnt have. and i dont think your car has keyless entry

#4 ·
I think keyless entry was only bought in on the Lag II's on the phase 2 model.

Horatio has a phase 2 and he has keyless entry on his. I know as Ive read a thread or two from him on the subject.

My 02 Priviledge model only has a 2 button keycard and I have 3 cards ??!! (all with 2 buttons on).

:)

#5 · (Edited)
The reason I am curious, is that the manual I have downloaded from Renault, pertinent to the vehicle does describe this feature, and given that this car has the 'top' specification including the only three available options, (Colour Sat-Nav, rear lateral airbags and metallic paint) it would be a reasonable assumpton to assume it might support keyless entry.

It was registered at the end of Nov 2002 so given certain fitted features (Climate, electric pass seat etc) must have been manufactured between September 2002 and Novemeber 2002.

Certainly the electric drivers seat, mirrors, radio and climate return to my chosen position using the two button card.

hmm ? I'd rather any advice however small from the members on here than head to my dealer :) :p

Update : The plot thickens, the manual is dated April 2002 !!!!!

#6 ·
Updatey :d

I have it on good authority that this applies to some of the higher spec phase I's.

It certainly applies to my November 2002 Initiale.

All of the electrical wizardry including the door sensors is factory fitted to this car, the computer has been de-programmed to prevent the key-less entry functioning at the factory and the car would only have been supplied with 2-button keycards.

Reason : UK insurance companies told Renault they wouldn't insure it !! : Fact !! :devil:

Soooooo, who knows someone with access to a Renault Dealer diagnostic computer ? :p

#13 ·
Yes, I can confirm that each door handle has the black plastic recess. As I said before I have had confirmed that the complete keyless entry system IS fitted to my November 2002 manufactured Initiale :)

I only intend to have one remote entry keycard, and I fully understand the implications to the locking mechanism operation :)

Now who's got access to 'Clip' ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.