Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II PH1- Xenon Levelling

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th September 2008 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna II PH1- Xenon Levelling

I have searched but not found the answer.

Does anyone know or has anyone actually removed the levelling sensor assembly from the front nearside ?

Mine is broken off at the plastic arm with no traces of the rod that connects to the subframe and its associated bolt.

If I manually move the broken lever my headlights raise and lower.

I ask in desperation because there is a fully working one on a car in the scrappie round the corner, and I have just returned after spending 90 unsuccessful minutes tryig to remove it. (Thankfully I haven't broken it)

(For people that know what I'm talking about here)
The sensor is housed inside a metal shroud that also clips a brake line into place. There appears to be a small screw entering it from the back to the front of the car direction through the metal shroud. However this screw is totally obscured by the driveshaft so any attempt at a screwdriver or torx would be futile.

Anyone ever replaced one ?
Currently in Jules's garage:
2005 Laguna Initiale 2.2 DCI Hatchback
  5 Lastest Threads by Jules
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II PH2 Sta-Nav GPS Electronics Jules 2 335 27th August 2015 03:48 PM
Help, somehow disabled keyless entry / exit. Electronics CheckInjectionSystem 2 476 22nd August 2015 09:25 PM
I'm Back !!! Megane question about seatbelt... Electronics TazzyK 4 2074 7th June 2012 04:11 PM
2001 Scenic 2.0 litre Spark Plugs Engines dave_mezza2006 1 2291 5th July 2010 12:42 PM
2001 Scenic Drink Cooler box removal ? Interiors Jules 1 1327 1st August 2009 08:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome