Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Keycard Query

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

I have it on good authority that this applies to some of the higher spec phase I's.

It certainly applies to my November 2002 Initiale.

All of the electrical wizardry including the door sensors is factory fitted to this car, the computer has been de-programmed to prevent the key-less entry functioning at the factory and the car would only have been supplied with 2-button keycards.

Reason : UK insurance companies told Renault they wouldn't insure it !! : Fact !!

Soooooo, who knows someone with access to a Renault Dealer diagnostic computer ?
I am sure that I have read somewhere that replacement keys now have to be ordered from France and be programmed to the same car vin by a main dealer within a certain time window or they become unusable. The gist if I understood it correctly was to stop new keys being coded into other peoples cars while they were at garages for service work...It might be worth a phone call to a dealer to see if what you want to achieve is possible...Have you tried contacting the previous owner to see if they still have the other key?
Currently in faffer's garage:
Qashqai, Alfa Spider & company Octavia
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome