Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Brakes pulling

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by badpuppy149 View Post
I have just bought a CLIO II from a car auction, and I have a couple of questions you guys might be able to help me with please, firstly was there a recall on the bonnet problem and would this have been fixed as such, judging by your comments it sounds as thou Renault are still fobbing the owners off, secondly she appears to be pulling reasonably sharply to the left when I brake, rough ideas of what could possibly be wrong in your opinion and what should it cost to fix????? Many Thanks guys, sorry for sounding like a numpty, but mechanics just ain't my thing - one thing thou I keep coming back to renaults and she is so lovely to drive apart from the braking thing. ps. it is a '99 Renault Clio 1.2 RN, thanks again
For the Bonnet catch: I regularly give mine a spray of wd40 just to be sure. I've no idea if mine was recalled or not; certainly not while I've owned it.

I read somewhere that if you keep it well lubricated it should be ok.

This is what I do, I don't know if it's the right thing so if anyone knows better please correct me:
Open the bonnet up, give a liberal spray of wd40 on the catch on the underneath of the bonnet and work it for a bit.
Also, go inside the car and move the bonnet release lever a few times. Do that 3 or 4 times and the catch should be nice and free.

Spray a bit of wd40 on the whole where the catch goes too.
Then slam the bonnet shut from a a height of 1/2 foot.
Currently in kevthacker's garage:
Clio 1.2 Grande
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome