Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #92 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by flashkate
hi there
i was the girl on watchdog
i posted a reply to someone's bonnet catch problem last week, i will keep you updated with how far i get with renault!

I had the shock of my life today when I was driving with my girlfriend on the A34 today. I was driving at 65-70 mph when my bonnet flew up smashing my windscreen and sticking in position. It was a miracle we were not killed as I had to steer the car and stop it with no vision whatsoever.

I didn't know about this Watchdog program until a policeman who arrived on the scene told me about it. However, my car is registered 2002 and don't know if it has the old or new style catch... I am still a bit sick to even look at it! However, I do think it is a bit of a coincidence that renault clios seem to be notorious for this.

I have some roof damage as well as the bonnet and windscreen and I am dreading the repair bill. I was wondering what Renualt has to say about what happened to you...and what I need to do to start the complaint ball rolling with Renault.. I have bought the car privately but still think renault has a duty of care with such important safety features such as bonnet catches.

Still very shaken and would appreciate any advice.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome