Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Servicing costs?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12th September 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by welshbhoy View Post
The thing is I need a service to keep my warranty valid.

I bought the car last October and paid for a lifetime warranty. It was a few weeks ago that I realised I should have had a service in the first six months of ownership to keep the warranty valid. A mate had a problem with his Ford Focus, took it for a repair thinking it was OK because of the warranty, to be told it was invalid because he didn't have it serviced in the first six months. Read my warranty and realised they are the conditions of it.

I didn't get the service but have a friend who has a friend who works in a garage willing to do the service and backdate it on the stamp just so my warranty is valid.

Should I do it just to keep the warranty? He's also said I need to put genuine parts in to keep the warranty valid, looked though the warranty details but can't find anything mentioned. Can anyone shed light on this?
Who is your warranty with ?

They usually specify genuine parts or to the same standard as the manufacturers, I would go with what your friend says
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome