Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - 04 plate dash fault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th September 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic II - 04 plate dash fault

Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone has come across this fault. When driving or stationary, the full dash display goes off, thats to say the info panel, speedo, clock, fuel - everything in that one lcd panel diappears totally, then it will appear back by itself a few moments later. I can cause it to happen by slapping the top of the dash, and bring it back on by doing the same.

I have noted some ebay posts, which seem to indicate a common problem here, and that the lcd panel can be repaired on a 48 hour turn around basis.

I wondered if anyone knew what the fault is with the panel, presuming that in at least the majority of cases, the fault lies with the same component of the panel (multiplug, solder joint or something).

Anyone have any experience, or had the problem happen to them. I'd appreciate any information you could give.
  5 Lastest Threads by Gairloch
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic II - 04 plate dash fault Electronics croucsw 5 7899 12th September 2008 08:28 PM
Scenic 1.9DCI '04 misfire and smokey exhaust Exhausts madnoel10 7 2083 3rd July 2008 06:59 PM
Megane scenic '04 plate alarm problem Electronics deni.babe 3 3779 27th April 2008 06:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome