Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electronics - Imobilizer Coil

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2006
My 2001 Scenic had multiple ignition coil changes in its early life. This was a known problem with second edition Scenics. The annoying thing was that whilst Renault would replace the individual coils under warranty, they would not replace all four in one go. I had two coils fail separately, which fortunately occured locally so not too inconvenient. I wrote to Renault pointing out that if I'd been far from home, it would have been a very diffrerent story. Eventually, they replaced the other two coils and agreed to replace any future coils free of charge for the life of the car. This was just as well, because soon after the 3 year warranty ran out, they had to replace all four coils again (this time all in one go). I heard that the original coils were of Italian manufacture and had an overheating problem. The first batch of replacements were better but failed after a little longer. The final ones they put in were high quality and hopefully the Scenic coil problem is now a thing of the past.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome