Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II- Xenon bulb replacement - Dealer re-initialisation of system

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 15th September 2008
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel lagunaman View Post
Bought my third Laguna a couple of months ago (yes, OK I know!) this time a Laguna II 2.2 dci which just happened to have Xenon headlights. Browsing though the Haynes manual I see that it says following a xenon bulb change Renault recommend that the headlight system be re-initialised by a dealer! What's all that about then? Is it really necessary or just another Renault ploy to rip the punters arms and legs off so they can plug it into a computer for a few seconds? Hopefully I'll get rid and buy something "normal" before anything that should be simple like a bulb change has to happen, but it would be good to know in advance - God knows what could happen tomorrow.
Me thinks Mr Haynes have their info wrong. Last year I took my car into Renault to change my Xenon bulbs and they didnt re-initialise the system for me !

The only I can think Haynes are talking about is the self levelling aim for the Xenons thats linked to the suspension via a computer.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome