Independent Renault Forums banner

Kangoo - Biggest pup I've ever bought!

11K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  Tiggerz_SRi 
#1 · (Edited)
My Kangoo 4x4 Trekka I mean! I've been driving now for 43 years and this is undoubtedly the largest pile of poo I've ever owned. I should have known Renaults were crap when I found this site whilst researching my next car. Pages of faults, foibles and poor build quality, I should have seen it coming!

Owned it 4 years (optimist that I am I thought every cockup would be the last). Only done 140.000 kilometres, about 84.000 miles.
New instrument panel.
2 new indicator stalks.
New wiper motor.
New sunroof motor and mechanism. Never operated since repair because I don't trust it to close.
New fuel injectors at 69.000 kilometres
Stuck on rear brakes, 3 times.
Three new ignition keys.
Annoying whine at 90kph, the ordinary road speed limit in France.

The latest is new preheaters and fuel pump and I don't know when it will be ready. It's been in the garage for 3 days now and I live in the sticks.

Back to Ford (or even Vauxhall) methinks!!!!
FC

See less See more
#35 ·
the only thing they need off the old ecu are the injector codes!and if these will not download off their diag computer they can be entered manually as the codes are written on the injectors. hopefully it wont, but if it goes wrong again i'd think about taking it else where for repair

#40 · (Edited)
I have a Trekka 1.9 DCI 2002. Rear brakes stuck but I fitted grease nipples to sort out that problem. Was due to the handbrake mechanism seized in the bore. Have the annoying whining noise at approx 60 mph but is working on a fix. Noise is from the exhaust. Something is exciting it and I BELIEVE IT IS THE ENGINE FLYWHEEL. Will examine and report later.
Renault where doing well with the common rail DCI engines with Bosch injection but who at Renault decided to let Delphi supply the system for the 1.5? Maybe it's the 'coded injectors' theme that they liked? Never buy a Trekka with a 1.5 DCI engine.

#41 ·
To add insult to injury I went to open the bonnet and it was jammed! I writhed it open and found it hadn't been re-fitted properly! One of the four bolts holding it onto the hinges was about one turn onto the thread and it was obvious by the paint marks that it hadn't been reset correctly.

Ten minutes later having adjusted it so the unpainted areas were hidden by the bolts and Voila! all OK.

BE:crazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.