Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Clio - Intermittent wiper relay

26K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  weeman 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I drive an 02 Clio.

I have a problem with my windscreen wipers - basically if i select intermittent the wipers only stop for a second then go again. T

here is seemingly no way to change the speed of the wipers, and the intermittent works fine when the car is at a halt on the next wiper setting up so my guess is the relay needs replacing, but the trouble is I dont know which one it is?

Any ideas?

many thanks for your help

#5 ·
my wipers also do this, i found out that it has something to do with the auto wiper, if you use smaller wipers than recomended the auto wiper thinks it hasnt wiped the window and does it over and over, or so a renault mechanic told me, i put 19 inch blade driver side and 18 inch on the passenger, works fine now

#11 ·
it may well be, go to a back street mechanic, ones with a small garage, i found they are the best guys 2 go 2, they dont bullsh1t 2 much an can normally get to the piont.

i dont get how renault grade their models, the 04 plate dynamiqie has aircon, urs dont hav auto wipers.

wot the f11ck are they doing, make a model and stick to the spec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.