Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna - Dash Panel Display Fault

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Yea I was a bit nervous the first time I did it just incase it never went back to normal I have done it a fair bit now though and seems to go back fine....... touch wood though

I can't find the original thread but I did save it into a word doc so here are the fault codes and what the display will tell you.

LCD display:
1. All LCD characters are displayed. All gauges step up/down. Warning lights all on.
2. Fuel remaining in tank? (appears to be in litres even though its a UK car!)
3. This shows '0.0' until the car is started then a number shows that varies with throttle (Fuel flow?)
4. Fault codes. This is a four digit/letter? code. Mine showed an 'h' in the last position (_ _ _ h) and a charging fault alarm on the graphics display (in red). The digit code can be reset by pressing the Odo' reset button, the graphics display stays put though.
Once the errors are cleared, or if there were no stored faults the display just shows four dashes, ie. _ _ _ _

Fault codes

t = an injection fault has been stored for >4 seconds.
j = a fuel gauge fault has been seen for >100 seconds.
d = an injector signal fault has been detected.
h = an oil level sensor fault has been detected.

It also looks like the letters can only appear in the sequence (_ _ _ h) or (t _ _ _) or ( _ j _ _) etc.. You have real issues if you see (t j d h)!

The normal display if there have been no faults is (_ _ _ _), if the dashes are flashing then this indicates a fault with the on board computer...!

Thank you to the writer of the original thread.... that I can't find

EDIT: thread found Renault Laguna II - Dashboard diagnostic
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 17th September 2008 at 03:25 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome