Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where do I stand and what do I do?

View Single Post
post #59 of (permalink) Old 19th September 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123

hey guys, bit of an update for you here...

After recieving a letter from Perth and Kinross council a few weeks back, they stated they would get back to me within 15 days once they had forwarded the letter. Well they failed to do so!! But yesterday I received another letter from them, I thought it was rather interesting. For thos of you who are interested and bored enough to read it, here it is.....

Analysis of the road traffic data supplied by Tayside Police indicates an accident pattern along the section of A912 around the B996 junction and northwards from the Bein Inn. The alignment of the road along this section of the A912 is demanding. The road can suffer from a film of mud from vehicles, and leaf deposits also contribute to the greasy surface. Roadside drainage may be compromised by vehicles over-riding the verge and by debris, such as clay and leaves, blocking the gullies and outlet channels. The height and density of the tree cover lining the route means the road surface rarely dries out.
Anti-skid surfacing is planned on this part of the A912, south of the B996 junction, to improve the skid resistance of the road. Discussion is underway with the landowners to remove the lower branches of the trees on either side of the road to allow more light on to the carriageway surface. The existing road furniture will also be reviewed to ensure drivers are informed of each hazard by the careful positioning of warning signs and marker posts. It is anticipated that these projects will be completed this financial year.

Well I realise I will not get any out of this but the fact its added to the number of complaints they have probably already recieved its obviously making them think. At the very least an anti-skid surface will make the road safer for myself and anyone else who uses it.

Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome