Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Central locking ECU...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th September 2008 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Central locking ECU...

I've had problems with my central locking for a couple of days now. Unfortunately this morning, while I had no difficulty getting the door unlocked with the remote plip, the car wouldn't even start. It's the immobiliser not getting the signal through from the plip, I think, because the light on the central locking button is flashing like crazy when the ignition is on.

I've checked all the connections to the central locking computer by the fuse box, and everything is nice and secure. However, hitting the unit then locking-and-unlocking the car seems to allow the car to start most of the time.

I presume, therefore, that I've probably got a dry solder joint in the unit somewhere. I've got it apart, but I can't see anything obvious so I'd like to know if these computers are the bits which contain the coding (and would thus not be interchangeable between cars) or whether I can just pick one up from the scrapper from another car with the IR system. I dread the former 'cause it's going to be a dealer job and thus probably cost vastly more than the car's worth to fix! I've also noticed a couple of extra wires have been shoehorned into the black plug side - I assume this is something to do with the alarm (perhaps to activate it without requiring an extra 'plip'?) but with or without them in seems to make no difference to the problem.

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)

Last edited by Azurael; 20th September 2008 at 10:36 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Azurael
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dear Admin General Chat HeatherJ 18 3456 10th April 2012 09:26 PM
2-wheeled steed My mottah! coup 4 1101 9th April 2012 02:38 PM
It's going mad Electronics mord 4 1260 8th March 2012 10:56 AM
And you thought Renault boot doors were stupid... YouTube Azurael 5 3223 28th February 2012 09:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome