Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #101 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Messrs Moore and Tilbury are senior customer services managers as far as I know. Be courteous... they are both intelligent enough to understand a well-put argument. Ask them how much use you can expect to get from a bonnet lock which doesn't get used umpteen times a day.

Try sending FlashKate a personal message through the forum and that should get you some support more quickly (even moral support is important when dealing with moguls... but hey, I took on DVLA and got some result... so don't despair).

There were others who said they had the same thing happen to them (fairly sure they were in this thread) so you could send them a PM also.

I would claim from my insurer and let him sort things out with Renault. That is likely to be more successful because they might agree to keep the whole thing under covers by settling with a non-disclosure agreement. Oh yeah! Tell your insurer that you have 3000 motorists on this forum waiting anxiously to hear how he is going to handle this claim... should tempt him to turn it into a public relations exercise... you never know.

I note you haven't mentioned who your insurer is yet and maybe you should say who they are now, before they have a chance to say "no".

Just don't expect either of them to give you an easy ride. But do mention that they have caused you and your dear girl-friend a great deal of distress. Even I, can sense that to be the case.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 1st May 2006 at 04:11 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome