Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #104 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

we need to be clear on this. watchdog seem to have got the years wrong. this is my bonnet catch. it doesn't look like metal to me. it looks like, and feels like, springy black plastic. this is an 03 clio. we need to get EVERYONE to check their catches, regardless of year of manufacture.

there is clearly a problem. i've always thought that my bonnet catch was a push catch. once i've done the release from the passenger seat, i just walk around the front, put my fingers under the lid and squeeze (so that it goes up into the recess in the lid) and the lid pops open.

on fiddling with it just now, i find that i'm supposed to have to pull! quite hard too! to open it. but i've never needed to. NOW i'm worried.

i cannot believe anyone would consider that bonnet catch maintenance should be the owner's responsibility. if it was safe, they wouldn't have introduced a new, metal design, would they? IT'S FAULTY, people. IT'S DANGEROUS and we need to get Renault to issue a recall by whatever means necessary before someone dies. that's not melodrama, that SAFETY.

i'm so worried, i'm on the verge of selling the car...
Currently in em6's garage:
03 Clio 1.6 (Expression?) Petrol Manual
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome