Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1 key problems

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 22nd September 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by fannihall View Post
I have an Aug '98 Laguna Sport dti and a problem with keys (the usual it seems). The button broke up on one key so I bought one off ebay to replace the cover.button only. It worked fine until last week. I replaced the batteries but the fob light didn't come on and key didn't work the central locking (the other original key works it fine). I have the other pcb from the ebay key and have tried to reprogramme it using the method with the central consol button etc but while the key makes the mechanism in the rear door 'clonk' once during the reprogramming, I can't make it work. The ebay guy said the receiver is probably full. How can I empty out the receiver?

I still have the original key, of course, so does anyone know where I could take it (or send it) - apart from the main stealers - to get the pcb card checked out to see if it could be repaired. I suspect it could be the actual button switch not working. Hopefully, I would then have a working key.
Hi could you please tell me did you ever get this problem solved only I have the same problem and it's really starting to bug me now. thanks
Currently in snail's garage:
T reg laguna 1.9Dti sport. 02 reg VW Golf GT TDI150
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome