Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - 1.9Dci Fuel Pump Wiring Question

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 24th September 2008 Thread Starter
Little Old Me
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
OK I finally found time to swap the pump and install and a new Dayco timing belt kit and the fuel jetted out of the outlet so I connected up the injector rail.

Cranking it over sounded rough but after 4 or 5 10 second bursts she fired into life, a little rough at first but then the engine hasn't run in months but a few seconds later she sounds fine. Piles of dry black dust came out at first but stopped almost straight away so I don't think that is anything, maybe the crap from the blown turbo before clearing the exhaust or maybe just an engine that has laid idle for months.

I decided to leave her to idle for 10 mins but she was getting slower and slower and eventually started to stall so I pressed the accelerator pedal and it immediately cut out and refused to restart. I left it 15 mins and she started again and sounded fine but again as soon as I press the accelerator she dies.

It now won't start at all so I have left it before I hit it, any ideas peeps? I have never had such a game with a car before :-(
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome