Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna - Vandalised paintwork

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 24th September 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
WOW both sides,scum bag,

id go down the route of flatting and polishing, as stated before me touch up the bad areas whre it has gone through to primer or metal or base coat and leave for a bit or heat gun or hairdryer to allow it to cure quicker,then using some 2000 grit flatting paper flat the whole scratch down, it will take some time to do,but imo will look better than running paint down the whole side of it ,when some parts of the scratrches will come out, by flatting,also a block will help flat the scratches down evenly,and keep an eyes out when flatting as if you flat to far you will end up burning the laquer

if you are not confident enough then maybe a smart repairer could do it ,but i wouldnt expect a good job ,due to the severity and the size of the scratches, again as said before me damage limitation and it will stop the weather getting in

im not a violent person,but if this happened to me and i knew it was him, then id see red and flip my lid,there is just no need for this type of damage, what did he get out of it???a 10second laugh, what $%&^%
Currently in DEEJAY 225's garage:
2006 megane 225 CUP
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome