Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Various Problems

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 25th September 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by scintaar View Post
I've recently acquired a 1.9 dCi Lag II sport tourer (whoo hoo, I gots the lingo!!) and I'm finding little problems with it.
For starters, the parking sensors have stopped working - from other threads, I figure it's the sounding unit... not a problem,
but there're two other things:
    • The front passenger door doesn't always lock from the remote - we have to use the key
    • There's hesitation (similar to a petrol car misfiring) when moving off in first and then again in second gear... only at low speed tho'
oh... and the drivers - side rear door sometimes won't open from outside??
I've also noticed that there's a whopping big fuse in the engine bay panel that's overheated - not blown - and so much it's crystallized the plastic casing.

I can't tell what the fuse is for 'cos I don't have a diagram / list and I'm a bit worried about something heating it that much!

BTW, the car's on a 3 month warranty from the 2nd hand stealers - so I'll be taking it back to get these sorted and I really just wanted to have an idea of what the problems could be (so they don't just fob me off with some nonsense).
If anyone can help with some info on what they should be coming back with as the fixes, I'd be very grateful.

Hi scintaar, the locks, sensors, etc are a pain but the dealer should be able to fix. Hesitation is however a potentially serious problem with the drivetrain and is a common problem, so you need to get it sorted! It might just be a turbo pressure sensor or it could be a split intercooler, or gummed up EGR valve. You want it running sweet for a while to be sure its fixed and if it takes a while get them to extend the warranty!

Currently in bpowell555's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.2dCi Initiale, 1990 E30 325i Touring (Bavarian Tigzwerken Express)

Last edited by bpowell555; 25th September 2008 at 10:27 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome