Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Non Starter poss immobiliser? HELP PLZ

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Non Starter poss immobiliser? HELP PLZ

hey all, well daughter has a 1999 clio,1.6 16v sport. she came home, locked the car next day it would turn over but not fire. i have a little tech knowledge but not very good with electrics, i traced the fault to loosing feed to fuel pump when wire connected, to pump (in tank one) this i though may be a corroded or bad connection, I found some realys by the battery which were corroded so cleaned them up and swapped the worse one from same type out of fuse box, now have have the fuel pump priming when ignition turned on as it wasn`t before.
Now the immobiliser light constantly flashes when trying to crank the engine over, I have tried to sync the keys, both keys do the same, the engine will crank but won`t fire, I have heard that you are not supposed to run the coils out of situ due to the voltage being very high. think it might be an immobilser fault now or maybe ecu , cant understand it as to move car, i directly fed via a fused link the fuel pump and it started and ran, since the relay area has been touched the immobiliser has played up,
loosing sleep hair and patience now. any ideas plz

5 Lastest Threads by TILYK
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Non Starter poss immobiliser? HELP PLZ Electronics Mike11 5 1305 28th September 2008 01:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome