Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear speaker confusion

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th September 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rear speaker confusion

Ive just bought a 05 reg clio phase II dynamique 2nd hand. Had the car a week and noticed I had no sound coming from the rear of the car. Had a look next to the parcel shelf...empty holes where speakers should be and wires where they can be installed. Fair enough...

later today though while looking in the back where the seats are I noticed more grilles on the back panels where the seats are (its a 3 door but the grilles are where the rear doors would be), popped one off and saw speakers behind them! however fading across to the rear using the head unit I have no sound coming from these speakers.

Is there a reason these speakers arent working? should they be wired up to the head unit already? Maybe its a daft question but do I have to pick between having speakers near the parcel shelf or use the wires that are there and route them back into the speakers in the doors? stranger things have happened...

Currently in hampo's garage:
05 Clio Dynamique 1.4 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by hampo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How do you remove the wiper linkage on an 05 clio Bodywork Ralph 4 7076 4th August 2011 10:15 PM
Unknown light on dash not in hand book Electronics chwinc 2 1728 21st July 2010 10:35 PM
what size arb bushes for 05 clio II? Steering and Suspension Govus 1 1703 7th June 2010 03:39 PM
fitting new speakers to clio II (05 dynamique) Electronics hampo 2 2581 23rd April 2010 12:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome