Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Speed Limiter and Cruise Control

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Speed Limiter and Cruise Control

On Clio III (2008 model) I have the optional Speed Limiter and Cruise Control fitted.
This displays in miles/hour, but as the car will be used in France to a significant amount, I wish to switch the display to kilometers per hour. I am familiar with this process on the Modus, but the proceedure does not seem to apply to the Clio. There is no referenct to this in the user manual - and a direct enquirey to Renault has produced a response that the display CANNOT be switched.
I cannot believe that all French Clios are displaying their speed limit data in miles-per-hour!
What is the means of resolving this apparent anomaly?

A further difficulty is that of viewing the speedo display in kilometers / hour. With the red illumination of the display, it is extremely difficult to see these figures, both daytime and at night. Is there a solution to this also?
Currently in Ericf's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by Ericf
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Modus Speed Limiter Electronics Alf75 1 1118 21st May 2011 07:30 PM
Modus Aircon not working Heating & cooling madnoel10 1 1027 12th July 2009 06:39 PM
Speed Limiter and Cruise Control Electronics bpowell555 3 2953 30th September 2008 11:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome