Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Rear Brake Pad Replacement*Pic's*

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 1st October 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Excellent post Scouse - just one other thing I would add.
When doing these type of pads I always remove the long allen keyed bolts (pillar bolts) make sure they are clean and free from dirt and gunge and give them a light smear of rubber grease. I agree the proper tool does a much better job but it can be pricey for the DIYer. I agree most allen key sets don't seem to contain a 7mm key but I was able to source a set for around a fiver from my local motor factors which contained both long and short keys.
As a general rule I always check the bleeder is free as it prevents it from seizing up - just in case you have to need it in the future.

As a matter of interest what was the G-clamp used for
It's what I normally use for pushing the piston back in. I ended up using it to clamp the plate on the of the piston winder to the outside of the caliper as the nearside pad was so worn their wasn't room to get the tool within the caliper body.
Lesson for the future - drive the wifes car more often so the brakes don't get into that state again....
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome