Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 2nd October 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by kuldip S Obhi View Post
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. Please let me know if your car problem is fixed after the replacement of the potentiometres, then perhaps let me know where this mechanic is so that I can get it fixed of him if he is in my area (Cheshire).

Thanks again.

Hi Kuldip

Have you got your car sorted yet? I've got a simmilar problem with my 2002 1.6 laguna but feel even more helpless than most of you guys as my car is in St Lucia (Caribbean) wher we have no renault dealers and only 2 other renaults on the entire island! I've done the throttle body replacement thing which did not work but while I am awaiting a ¤¤¤¤ion I've notice by quickly disconnecting then reconecting the + battery pole it appears to clear the error allowing me to continue my journey without the usual wait to allow the engine to cool down....considering installing a "flick" switch from the battery to inside the car ;-)

Will try cleaning the ECU conectors and let you all know if that make a diffrence
Currently in Gepito's garage:
2001 Nissan Skyline GTt, 2005 Laguna2 1.9 dCi & 2003 Laguna II (when it works)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome