Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna - Sat Nav Dead

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 2nd October 2008
grahame f184
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
sat nav dead

Originally Posted by simofletch View Post
Hi All,
I have a Laguna II sport tourer initiale with this dead SAT NAV screen problem. Mine was working but evey now and again the screen would go off for a short time (just for a rest) and then come back on again as if nothing had happened. During this 'down' time, the girl on the SAT NAv would keep chatting away. However, the other day, the screen went off and didn't come back on. I lived with it for a few days, and after pressing a couple of buttons, found that the last destination set in to the GPS was home, resulting in directions home but no screen display. I took the CD unit out from under the glove box, but the connections looked fine. I took the screen out and took it apart, but o sign of anything obvious. I should also point out that up to the next point, the radio and CD were working fine. Then, I took the GPS head unit and radio out to look at the connections. Guess what? no obvious problems until I put them both back in. Now the radio won't work becasue I have no screen to type the code back in!! Bummer.
I have since bought a new GPS header unit and screen on ebay , but again, no joy.
I have come to the conclusion that the loom from the screen goes off behind the clocks somewhere before connecting to the CD or head unit.
As I have changed the most obvious things, does anyone have any ideas.
hello there, looks as though we have a similar problem, did you get the unit that fits in your glove box off e-bay? this is the bit i need i think and if you are going to sale this as you said it didnt fix your problem maybe you could let me know a price,
many thanks grahame
Currently in grahame f184's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome