Independent Renault Forums banner

handbrake adjustment.Where is it!!!

32K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tolsen 
#1 ·
Hi,
Have spent ages looking for adjusting screw for my Kangoo.
Someone else asked but no reply.
Can you help please?

#2 ·
As a general rule on most cars the handbrake adjustment is either around the bottom of the handbrake lever or along the cable underneath - it's where I always start to look - in my Lag it is at the bottom of the centre console box.
In all honesty I don't know exactly where it may be on the Kangoo but it may be worth having a look in these areas.:)

#5 ·
Handbrake cable adjustment nuts are above the heat shield below the Kangoo handbrake lever. You must ensure the automatic take up mechanism on the drum brakes is OK before adjusting the cable. For rear disc brakes, confirm the levers on rear calipers are not seized. I fitted grease nipples on mine. Injected red rubber grease to avoid damage to seals. Use large flat washers when you refit the heat shield. Sticking a vibration dampening sheet to the back side of heat shield also strongly recommended. Buy Peter Russek's Pocket Vehicle Manual for the Kangoo. Covers 1.5 & 1.9 diesel from 2001 to 2006 including Trekka and Nissan Kubistar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.