Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New key needed but no dealers on the Island

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry New key needed but no dealers on the Island

My 02 Renault Laguna II (Dynamique) is without a doubt the worts car I've ever owned. Over the past 3 years I've endured failed suspension bushes, corroded/leaking AC pressure switch, dodgy windows and the failure of just about every electrical component. The car is a major embarrsment as it spends most of it's time in limp home mode which is no mean feat as the car is in St Lucia (caribbean) which is pretty mountainous and limp home mode is unable to make it up the hills.

To make matters worse I accidentally got one of the keys wet which now longer works. I currently live in Europe and I am prepaired to buy a new key from a dealer. However it's my understanding that the both car and key must be presented to the dealer for the new key to be programed.

I still have one functional key but this evening noted 30 mins after locking the car the indicator lights would flash intermitently allong with the sound of the locks engaging. This car is really fragile and the thought of having only one key terrifies me. How do I get a new key? We have no dealers on the island
Currently in Gepito's garage:
2001 Nissan Skyline GTt, 2005 Laguna2 1.9 dCi & 2003 Laguna II (when it works)
  5 Lastest Threads by Gepito
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Automatic headlamp Electronics TazzyK 3 957 21st April 2012 07:07 PM
Laguna 2 Light switch stalk Electronics mord 1 788 14th March 2012 03:36 PM
Parking lights & automatic headlamps Electronics Gepito 4 4233 20th February 2012 08:48 AM
Can you stop the alarm from sounding the horn? Electronics Djgaz 1 909 7th February 2012 02:11 PM
Laguna: Ready to love again..... Cars & motoring Gepito 2 1356 29th December 2011 10:15 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome