Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic Fault - Another One

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Electronic Fault - Another One

Hi Guys well I've seen two other posts that sound the same as my problem! 6 Months ago my Son went through floods and soaked the electonic box over the nearside wheel. Got home with reduced power but lights were on & wipers going and couldn't turn engine off ! I used my little compressor and blew air through all the vents on the box and eventually got car to stop and then dried it further and all worked well for a few months , then the passenger window decided to open when car was double locked - damn nuisance and I was lucky that no one took advantage and it was dry. So I figured out how to get window up and took fuse out for time being until I could afford to investigate. Today went out to car and it wouldn't start, and after several presses of the start/stop button Electronic Fault was indicated on Dash have checked all connections on the Electronic box (inner wing) and the fuses on top of battery as per other members fix but still no Joy only other thing is that after removing the electronic box and refitting it the cooling fan runs ! Any more experts out there for this one Pleaze local Renault Stealer no help whatsoever, thanx
Currently in Reader's garage:
2003 Megane 1.6 Dynamique 3Door & Volvo 1998 S40 Auto

Last edited by Reader; 10th October 2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: FIXED
  5 Lastest Threads by Reader
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
DIY Megane 1.6 VVT Cam Belt Engines Reader 2 1793 13th September 2009 07:02 PM
MoT Problems Engines madnoel10 13 1705 16th November 2008 08:14 AM
Electronic Fault - Another One Electronics Reader 13 2484 5th October 2008 08:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome