Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Telephone Preparation ?

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2008
I'm a drummer, I hit things!
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Update :

The auto lead does not support the built in microphone !

And I am getting no sound from the built in speaker.

Does this need additional connections because it already services the voice computer, or can I not use it for the phone because of the voice computer?
If your voice computer is connected and there is only one set of terminals on the back of the speaker, then you need a dual cone speaker from Renault which has 2 sets of terminals and costs an arm and half a leg, or a way of connecting the other plug, white with white and orange wires connected, to the existing speaker terminals before you will get any sound from the car phone coming through it. As for the internal mic, I don't know, mine uses the THB Bury mic. I guess you need to make sure that it's connected to the control box. I think I remember reading somewhere that the wire for this is hanging about behind the dash somewhere and needs to be extended to reach the phone box, depending on where it gets mounted; I have also heard that it's pants and the mic in the kit will be far superior!
Currently in bigiainw's garage:
2016 Skoda Octavia Scout 2.0 CR 150 in Cappuccino Beige/ 2006 Renault Clio III 1.2 16v 3dr Extreme in Post Box Red/ 2013 Renault Trafic LL29 2.0 dCi (euro 5) Sport Passenger in Luxurious Gun Metal Grey with Cruise control, now with parking sensors!!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome