Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Gauge issue.. scenic 2 ..

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12th October 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fuel Gauge issue.. scenic 2 ..

Hello people, newbie here..

I currently have a 2004 megane scenic 1.5 dci expression, and its developed a fuel guage issue! We normally leave the display on to show how many miles of fuel are left when driving so we can top up when we get below 90 miles left, but yesterday as it got down to 92 miles left, we refuelled with 15, only to find the the fuel gauge bars hadnt increased and the mileage left was still at 92, normally the second we start the engine, the miles to go indicator increases and the bars of fuel go up as normal, but it didnt. I cleared the display just incase and the miles left and mpg etc went up a little and down a few times which was very odd, and had not happened before, (The bars on the fuel guage itself hadnt increased eother) Then after a few miles, the miles of fuel left to go went down to 70 and the fuel gauge starting bleeping as if we were about to run out of fuel, and now the display is cleared as it would when the fuel is very low, yet we know theres 15 of fuel in there ! Ive ahd a quick look underneath, and I dont know if the ecu thing at the back by the tank is for abs or fuel, but any one has this before ? all of the other dahs functions are working correctly ?

Cheers Steve
Currently in steviebishop's garage:
2004 Scenic 1.5 dci
  5 Lastest Threads by steviebishop
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic 2 Panoramic Sunroof Removal HOW ! Bodywork VelSatisfied 2 1537 4th January 2013 02:30 PM
Scenic DCi 1.5 White Smoke Flat Spots Hesitation... Engines steviebishop 5 4851 2nd July 2012 08:06 PM
Hi, newbie here..with a problem :) Welcome to RenaultForums ottoman 6 1005 12th October 2008 12:06 PM
Fuel Gauge issue.. scenic 2 .. Electronics madnoel10 3 1891 12th October 2008 12:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome