Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #124 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Paulo
I would like to try and count up the known incidents of this problem for bonnet catches for when Renault tell me there isn't one. I have been in contact personally with three people and would urge others to contact me also...

Renault have said I will receive a statement after their inspection tomorrow... I requested a copy of the report from the engineer after he has looked at it but they said it is an internal document in engineer "speak" and I can't see it.

Sounds a bit fishy to me!
Take lots of photos and stay with the engineer and make note of his comments. Use a tape recorder if necessary so you don't forget what his comments are. Also note if he dismantles anything (to look at hidden parts especially moving parts).

There is an argument for asking for a copy of the report but they will resisit... unless you have a solicitor friend who might write to them officially... You may have to start thinking in terms of small-claims court (up to 5000) and you would be able to present your own case thus saving the cost of a solicitor. They will have to be represented so their costs will be disproportionate to your damage I think... but I haven't seen the extent of the damage.

At least it seems they have agreed to look at it before the repairs are done. Did they say anything about "without prejudice" when they agreed to look at it? Did they email you or phone?

Have you checked to see if you have legal cover for this?
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome