Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1.9 dci 2003 - Boot central locking problem

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2008
tom burton
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I had the same problem. As stated before on this forum, the two switches are wired in parallel, i.e. the wiring goes first to one switch, and then the other.

Try disconnecting the wiring from each switch in turn: if the still connected one then starts working the faulty switch is the one that has been removed from the circuit.

I had to replace the switch that unlocks the glass. 50.00 or thereabouts from the main dealer. When the faulty switch was left disconnected the tailgate switch worked fine: I kept it like this for months until I had to go to the dealers for other reasons.

I also found that the button for the glass switch had stopped working, i.e. would not go to 0 Ohms when pressed: I had to take it apart and clean up the contacts with a small file: the sort that was used in the good ole days for dizzy tops, contacts etc.

The tailgate can be unlocked by crawling in the back of the car with a flat blade screw driver and releasing the lock: I can't remember if I had to take off the tailgate 'card' off first: perhaps other members may be able to refresh my memory!

I hope that this helps.
Currently in tom burton's garage:
2006 Renault Modus 1.5Dci 86ps Initial
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome