Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Returning a car to the road

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Hey there folks!

I'd agree with Tigz Otto, fresh oil and some fresh fuel and see if it'll start. Could always squirt a shot of carb cleaner down the intake just to give it some life! Or as you said a squirt of WD40 in each plug hole to prime it.

Just hope all the electrics are ok with it. It should go if they're ok. I've seen a few engines started that have been stood for a number of years. Even ones that have been through a fire and totaly burnt out! The burnt out motor was run for a year, until it got burnt out again in a freak welding accident

Do the wheels spin freely? Would've thought that the brakes would've siezed after that period of time. Wheel bearings might be shot too as the grease tends to eat them if sat for years, especialy if the wet has got in!

Let us know if you get the ol girl purring again!

Are you selling it? I wouldn't mind a trip to the highlands for a 12 year old Audi with only 6k on the clock!
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 13th October 2008 at 08:29 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome