Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Returning a car to the road

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2008
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to LOZZ
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
I have to dispose of a car that has stood on blocks for a number of years.

It is an 1996 Audi 1.8 se and was last driven some time in 1997 it has covered a total of less than 6.000 miles since new a one owner car .

I don't want to start the car without changing the oil /filters etc, Should I remove the plugs and squirt some oil down each plug first, should use a flushing oil .

The car is on stands so no weight on the tyres, I have not pressed the brakes and handbrake has being off the whole time.

I was going to move the car on as it is but need to mot the car so I can transfer the private plate.

Any advice gratefully received
hi otto,
the petrol is going to be stail after it been stood that length of time so iwouid drain it off and put a gallon of fresh in,
put the wheels back on if the car wont free wheel give the centres of the wheels agood belt with a rubber mallet,
iwouid mix abit of petrol and oil together so its alight mix and pour it down each pot turn the engine by hand a few turns and it shouid save the pistons and bores from getting scored,
Hope you get it running good luck,

Currently in LOZZ's garage:
2004 Laguna 1.9 dci dynamic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome