Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Views and Opinions Please

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 14th October 2008
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Hello Paul.

An interesting topic, which I'm sure most car owners have considered this year.

If you have done your sums and it works out to your benefit, then I guess it really comes down to whether you can fit your lifestyle into a smaller car.

If you can, then your current car is an expensive way to transport a big box of fresh air around.

If not, then consider a similar-sized model (laguna or megane tourer), they have engines which will give the low CO2 tax banding benefits, plus as the megane will soon be replaced, you can probably get a good deal. Likewise, sales of larger cars are very slow, so a new laguna is probably not out of the question either.

I have no experience with any of these cars, but its just my observation and input.

Check out car supermarkets and online brokers, as there are mountains of metal out there remaining unsold.

Happy hunting.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome