Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Annoying rattle

Thread: Annoying rattle
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2005
Originally Posted by scen1c
Your story of the 406 reminds me of the day after I got my first car at the tender age of 17.

It was a Rover 213s and I parked it up on the drive and my Dad and I spent about 5 hours cleaning, polishing, polishing and polishing it. It then looked like raining, so he got his car out of the garage and put mine in it. (If you knew my dad, you'd know that this was a gift of unspeakable volumes) (I'm 30 now and he still won't let me drive his car - despite having 13 years no claims!!, but anyway...) that evening, desperate to show off my new car to my mates, I carefully reversed my car out of the garage as I'd seen my Dad do countless times...and caught the front bumper on the fencepost and promptly ripped it off. Feck feck feck! Dad fixed it for me though...!
Dad's - they're invaluable when you get your first car! Mine's a retired engineer - very clever bloke. Can't be doing with all this "electronic rubbish" but he's great for pretty much anything else!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome