Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna estate problem

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
laguna problem

thanks for the help so far the saga continues.
i took car today to yes renault for a diagnostics check . they came up with the following :
they told me the problem with car going into limpmode was caused by faulty glow plugs. it also showed up another sensor problem but they said this was cause car drawing in air some where but this would not cause car to go into limp mode.they quoted me 147.00 to replace the glow plugs. so i got them myself at a cost of 8.00 each and reset the codes.(some profit margin for a five minute job, wish i had trained to be mechanic)
now the code coming on now is only 1 but it says the following - code 397 boost presure sensor. i went to renault dealer who said. and get this i dont know what that is. what chance have i got with this reply. can any one help another small thing for every one as i have read these cars a very problamatic i have took out a waranty from warranties direct for 400 pounds they even assure me they will cover it even though its a private hire car. seams like a good deal as long asit is serviced at a vat registered garage. even covers wear n tear (but not in first 90 days)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome