Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace 2000 JEON Electronic Dash & Central Locking

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
It sounds like I have the same problem

My dash display has been playing up for a while since owning the car from the late Spring. The lights on display was not working, no lights left on warning buzzer and the milometer is not working.

In the last few days it has not been kept in a garage overnight and now it is damper in the mornings, it would not unlock off the fob, the alram (I think - as the in-laws were borrowing it so I dont know the full sequence of events) has gone off (Cobra Alarm) and now the immobiliser and cobra alarms both appear inactive. The dash display is now completely blank, though all items function, the backlighting works, the car starts and runs fine.

I've taken the display out this morning and noticed it has warrenty tags and an auto electrician's details on!! - Called them and they are investigating if it is under warrenty and what the previous repair was.

In my mind - pin-pointing the problem.

I think this is going to be an ebay / job to just replace the display out and see where it gets me.
Currently in kitchpoo's garage:
Espace 2.2 Dci Dynamique + Signum 3.0 CDTI V6 and a Kia Rio 1.25 VR7
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome