Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #907 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by faz11a View Post
Clio Bonnet catch
Today , in response to similar letter that Alex'd dad describes above- I got a new catch lever fitted at Evans Halshaw- (I went in at 2.55- My car I saw was done by 3.40 when I saw it driven back to its parking bay-and it took them till 4.20 to hand me the keys back!
In exchange for my precious time - I got a replacement (aluminium? ) catch - just the upper part- That involved undoing 2 screws and re-screwing the catch on- Wow - so time consuming!-
I assume the new 'secondary safety catch' is not as prone to rusting up BUT- there remains the problem of the 'lower' catch housed in the bodywork of the bonnet bay- This is what gets rusted up and clogged with debris from the front grille- You still need to keep an eye on this and make sure it is free and well greased-
So I'm not sure if I owe Renault much thanks or not?
Hi Faz,the guy who fitted my catch put the lower one on as well,(would check but the fecking bonnet release has failed to function )maybe mine had more rust on it,I would suggest,if it has any rust on it,go jump on em,Alan
Currently in Alex'sdad's garage:
2003 Meg II,1.9 dci,2003 Meg II,1.5 dci,2001 clio 1.5 dci,Harley Sportster 1200 custom
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome