Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - CD/MP3 Head Unit

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I thought so too. The Renault dealer said even if I was asking for a straight replacement for mine, he would struggle to know which one to get. The HU in mine is a Type 03. The dealer selects Type 03 on his PC screen and it lists about twelve different part numbers, with no description for each one.

On that basis, going in armed with a VIN from a Clio III Initiale that has the MP3 version fitted (if you know where there is one, let me know) wouldn't necessarily help. That's why I need the exact part number. It's made worse because the Initiale has the bronze front on it. There are a few Update List MP3 HUs on Ebay , but they are all black.

I have noticed that the Rip Curl special edition model seems to be fitted with the MP3 version but, again, they are black, so no joy there either.

I would have thought you could go to any Renault dealer and ask for an Update List HU that will play MP3 - seems you can't. Incidently, if you can get the right one, they cost 245 + VAT - that's a hell of a lot for a standard HU.

Does anyone know if you can fit a boot mounted CD Changer anywhere on the Clio III or do you have to get the In-dash changer?
Currently in smithsinuk's garage:
2009 Renault Laguna III 2.0 dci 175 Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome