Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #140 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Chickens without heads

It seems that television has done it again by blowing things up out of all proportions, and the public jumping on the bandwagon. The law clearly states that the driver of any vehicle WILL ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy before starting a journey. It doesn't say that there are any exceptions for age, sight, hearing or any other disability. In fact going by the letter of the law all drivers which have things fall off etc are liable to be prosecuted.
Having scene to what lengths manufacturers go to, to test various components I can't see what else they could do. Any testing is usually of a repetitive nature, but then they are not likely to leave a component unlubricated to the point of it seizing up.
As stated else where in this thread it seems strange that both catches failed at the same time? and I for one don't need someone to tell me to take my car to a dealer to check my bonnet catches. They would think I had gone bloody mad.
Currently in ren25's garage:
Laguna 11 1.8 16v Authentique Auto 5 door Hatch
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome