Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - supermarket fuel

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 5th May 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
In our area supermarket fuel isn't any cheaper than branded fuel so I always use either Esso or Shell ( Shell is actually cheaper than our local Morrisons).
Apparently the fuel is all basically the same, you just don't get the "additives" from the supermarket that Esso,BP etc use.
Shell premium diesel is the same price as their standard diesel, but not all forecourst sell it.
I have heard that BP Ultimate may not make that much difference to a standard car. As shell is the same price I would certainly use that.

I personally don't like using supermarket fuel, but I do use it very occasionaly. MPG is lower and the engine sounds noisier if I use supermarket diesel - I used Asda fuel once, never again - car ran like sh!te.
Also we had a petrol Astra a few yrs ago, always used supermarket fuel, every year at MOT emissions were getting worse. I switched to non-supermarket fuel and emiisions dropped to a more acceptable level.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome