Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Highest Mileage Car.. post your mileage

View Single Post
post #284 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by bodga View Post
Mine had done just under 126k, when i was driving back from torquay up the m5. At about j22 the turbo decided to drink all the oil out of the sump, and there was nothing i could do about it because it just wanted to rev, so i just braked and left it in gear until i came to a stop, thus lots of smoke and she laid to rest on the hard shoulder, last i heard it was going to auction with a seized engine. 3600 to repair so the leasing company said (laguna 2, 1.9dci dynamique techno, 2004 04) the turbo was whistling quite loudly a few months before, and using oil on the motorway so watch out for this!!!
I had a 1.9 diamonique on a 53 plate, half leather trim and it was an absolute gorgeous car, but it liked to blow turbos for fun. 3 in 6 months to be precise. Its original one, and 2 recons. add to this a slight split in a fuel pipe that kept causing it to stall and refuse to start again, every time I got in it, a broken key card that cost me my first born son in payment for a new one,and drive shaft problems. I put it through the auctions and breathed a sigh of relief.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome