Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Usefull device for Diesel owners

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2008
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Mike11 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike11
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
It is very easy to intrinically protect low voltage electronics now-a-days.
I agree, although I thought it was Intrinsically safe All of the electronic gear in the Weapons Magazines on the ships is this. E.G. Lighting, speakers etc.

Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
People worry about mobile phones, so why not this? While I think static is a much bigger worry, I have to wonder whether or not these will spark a whole new wave of paranoia (pun wholely intentional.)
Originally Posted by Pat.w View Post
In fact it was proven that the use of a mobile phone would not ignite fuel vapour
IIRC someone drove a lorry to a petrol station full to the brim in the trailor with mobile phones. Then they rang all of them at once, can you guess what happened........

....Absolutely nothing. It is just more of this health and safety cr4p that causes things like this being implemented.

I think this is a good idea, although i have never owned a diesel car, I have filled up the works vehicles which are diesel and not had a problem myself but as has been said. It can be an easy mistake, especially if you have too much on your mind at that moment.
Currently in Mike11's garage:
An LPG powered Ford Focus ST170.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome