Thread: My First Clio
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2008 Thread Starter
new convertor
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My First Clio

Hi People.

I have recently purchased a Clio 1.4 Dynamique+ for my GF. After looking at similar offerings from other manufacturers we decided the Clio was the best allrounder. The car looks good and the 1.4 has just the right amount of fizz for a small economical car. There is however, a however... The car did come with some niggles that I would like some advice on sorting out (hopefully easy and cheap enough to fix!).
Firstly the gearbox mount has gone, i think (it's the fluted mount directly beneath the centre console and gear lever which has an obvious split in the rubber...). When accelerating and de-cellerating the car lurches and you can see the gear stick moving forwards and backwards more than it should. Is this common and should i be investigating the engine mounts also (is the GB mount i describe also an engine mount?).
Secondly, at idle the car is rather lumpy when the engine is up to temperature and when you first start it from cold the revs don't settle immediately and will drop to the point where the engine will almost stall. Any ideas what this might be? (idle stabilization doofer??)
Third(ly?) the steering is definitely heavier than it should be. I drove others that had really light steering yet with our car you can feel resistance rather than assistance when you turn the wheel. Again, is this a common fault and can you offer any advice as to what the fault might be?
I was supposed to be changing the GB mount yesterday (which will hopefully cure the lurching issue however GSF sent the wrong part so will have to perform this task next weekend now...) but with regard to the other faults i would really appreciate some input from fellow forum members before i start wasting money trying to find the faults.
I've had the fault codes read and nothing came up so i'm a bit stuck now as to what i should do.
Any help you can offer will be very much appreciated

Last edited by new convertor; 26th October 2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Grammer...
  5 Lastest Threads by new convertor
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
My First Clio Cars & motoring Lagdti 4 859 26th October 2008 12:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome