Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Key Fob

Thread: Scenic Key Fob
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2008 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic Key Fob

Here's my problem.....I have a 98 R reg Megane scenic. It came with 2 keys. 1 has never worked (red LED lights but no sign of life from IR using camera phone technique).

I changed the batteries on the working one last month and had to reprogramme by using key's S-code and vehicle type from owner's book and obtaining a 4 digit code using these values in a downloadable prog from web, then using central locking button to count out the 4 digit code, then pointing the key at black bulb in ceiling.

I bought another key from ebay with a view to reprogramming to use as a spare key. If I use the same 4 digit code I cannot reprogramme key when pointed at ceiling. If I use the S-code inside the key in the same program that I obtained the 1st key's code, I receive a different 4 digit code which the car doesn't accept and flashes the red light and engine management at me very fast.

Does the car have one 4 digit code for its immobiliser that should work with both keys, or should each key have a seperate 4 digit code?
  5 Lastest Threads by burgesb
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
'51 Reg Megane Scenic Starting problem Electronics madnoel10 1 848 21st October 2010 01:10 PM
Scenic Key Fob Electronics Mike11 7 1472 28th October 2008 02:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome