Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'd agree with the comment about Jap cars being very reliable. I've just got a Laguna Estate to replace my L reg Rover 620 (basically a rebadged Honda Accord). I pondered lots about whether to get rid of it, as it had been so reliable. It was 6 yrs old when I got it, and I had it 5 yrs. All it had in that time was normal wear and tear parts. Tyres, exhaust, battery, brake disks and pads etc. I never had to touch the engine all the time I had it, and it always started first time.

The only Jap car I've had that was a money pit was a Nissan Silvia Turbo . That took a lot of money in the 18 months I had it, but that isn't a run of the mill, high volume car.

I hope this Renault is as reliable as the Rover was. I had doubts after reading all the reviews on the net, but they often tend to be really fussy, so I took a chance with it. I'm pleased with it up to now, but it's still early days. Although the mpg from a diesel compared to a petrol is a welcome change.

Currently in HD462's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna 1.9dti estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome